Another batch of updates to the repositories:
- MakeMKV has been updated to version 1.8.8, according to the release notes it should contain proper support for Fedora’s OpenSSL package which generated SCSI errors with BluRay drives. The same version has been pushed to the CentOS/RHEL 6 repository, but due to very old ffmpeg packages in this distribution, there is no FLAC encoder for 24-bit audio in the build.
- The Nvidia driver is now built also for Fedora 21 (rawhide) and for CentOS/RHEL 7 with the updated beta drivers directly from Nvidia (version 334.16). According to the release notes, the Nvidia DDX driver for X no longer loads the kernel module internally but relies on the
nvidia-modprobecommand in the system. Apparently this is not true, because the libraries try to load the kernel modules also with the system
modprobecommand if available. On Fedora 21 and RHEL 7 there is not yet aKMOD or kABI modules support as they are not available in their respective repositories; you have to rely on
dkms-nvidiafor installing the kernel module(s) on those distributions.
- The CDRtools suite has been updated to version 3.01a22.
- The Steam package has been updated to version 18.104.22.168, the same build has been pushed to RPMFusion.
- The Flash plugin package has been updated to version 22.214.171.1246 and Skype has been updated to version 126.96.36.199. Both versions have also been pushed to RPMFusion in the form of lpf packages.